Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content

Enrolling at our school

Enrolling at Dalby State School - Frequently asked questions
Q:  Does it matter where we live in Dalby?
A:  Dalby State School now has an Enrolment Management Plan in place. This means that Dalby State School needs  to follow a catchment area plan.  If you live out of the Dalby State School catchment, you can still apply for enrolment, but enrolment will depend on whether there are available places in that particular year level.
If you live in the Dalby State School catchment area, you will be required to provide two forms of evidence to show where you live:  One primary source – a current lease agreement, or rates notice, or unconditional sale agreement and one secondary source – a utility bill (example:  electricity, gas, fixed line telephone) showing this same address and students parent’s/legal guardian’s name.
Q:  My child is currently enrolled at Dalby State School.  Do I need to reapply to be enrolled for the following year?
A:  You do not need to reapply. 
Q:  What fees are there?
·         Voluntary Contribution $60 per child (to cover photocopying and other items used by students)
·         Students will be invoiced for swimming in Term 3 – Approximately $53 (Yr 1-6) and $43 (Prep)
·         School Excursions – each Year level usually have one excursion per year – these are user pay and the cost varies, depending on the length (most are only day long excursions)
·         Arts Council – 1 performance each term – the cost of these are approximately $6 and are paid on the day – collection point is under the Administration building.
Q:  How do I enrol a child at Dalby State School?
A:  Step 1: 
Contact us on 4672 3666 to arrange for an enrolment interview with the Principal.  Parents/guardians attend the interview along with the enrolling children.
Step 2:
Read these important documents:
·         School prospectus
·         Responsible Behaviour Plan for Students
·         Enrolment Agreement
Complete the following documents for each child:
·         Application for student    enrolment
·         Parent notice for religious instruction
·         Enrolment Agreement
·         Consent form for student participation in Chaplaincy program
·         State School Consent Form
·         Email Newsletter request form
·         Internet Access agreement
·         Evidence of address
Step 3:
Attend the enrolment interview with the Principal and bring the following:
·         All completed forms as above
·         Each child’s birth certificate
·         A current passport and visa is required for any child born overseas
·         Each child’s most recent report card
Step 4:
Purchase school uniforms – the Uniform Shop is open on Monday to Friday mornings from 8.30am to 9.30am.  For more information about our uniform shop and to access an order form, visit our website  and click on the facilities tab at the top of this page and then click on Uniform Shop.  Purchase any necessary books and stationery items.  Book lists are available from our website click on Curriculum tab and then click on Booklist.  Arrange payment of any fees payable.
Q:  We reside outside the catchment area and my student is interested in your Program of Excellence. Will he/she be able to enrol?
A:  Yes, parents of interested students should complete an out-of-catchment application. Our current program of Excellence is:  Program of Excellence in Music